Untitled Document

Healthy Dog Life Healthy Dog Life Healthy Dog Life

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Standard Poodles

Thanks

Standard Poodles

I have owned Standard Poodles for 5 years now. They are smart, loving, kind and gentle.
    Pippin is white and Bosco is black. They each have a very different approach to live. While they are similar they are also very different. Pippin lives to run, chase balls, jump over things and dance.
    Bosco is more laid back, willing to please, love and comfort.

Susan Potts, CPG
    www.spottsgrooming.com
    Professional Grooming & Holistic Pet Foods
    The Healthy Dog Blog

Thanks
    I have a standard poodle too. they are wonderful dogs, so smart, sometimes seems like a person in a dog suit.

Thanks
    Boy, you got that right. LOL

Susan Potts, CPG
    www.spottsgrooming.com
    Professional Grooming & Holistic Pet Foods
    The Healthy Dog Blog

Thanks

I have a Standard Poodle Puppy

I have my first Standard Poodle puppy who is 8 months old....her name is Leila....I have attached some pictues below.......I also had 2 toy poodes as well, but my 5 year old passed away a couple of weeks ago.....I still have my 14 1/2 year old red toy poodle named Libra......My Standard Poodle puppy is so much different than my toy poodles.......I am truly enjoying her.....Always enjoy meeting other Poodle owners...

Thanks
    I have two Standard Poodles, P.J. and Pesha. They are the best. I also have a Maltipo, Yorkie and a mixed breed that I have no idea what he is. His name is Tobey. I foster for the Southern California Poodle Rescue. Check out our website if you may want to rescue a poodle. Poodle Rescue - California - Toy - Miniature - Standard - Labradoodle - Goldendoodle. Poodle Rescue - California - Toy - Miniature - Standard - Labradoodle - Goldendoodle

Thanks

Poodles like people

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbred View Post
    I have a standard poodle too. they are wonderful dogs, so smart, sometimes seems like a person in a dog suit.
    All Poodles, Toy, Miniature and Standard Are People in a suit. Look in their eyes and you can see the person. I never call my Poodle a dog.

Thanks
    I also have a standard poodle puppy. Winston is eleven months old and an apricot standard. I am having loads of fun and learning a lot. This weekend I made my first attempt at grooming him.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I have a black eight month old Standard Poodle that we want to breed to our two female Standard Poodles. They are all registered and have good backgrounds. The girls are two years old and Tawny is in heat. Dante' is the eight month old male, before Tawny came into heat Dant'e tried to hump both females all of the time. Now that Tawny is in heat Dante' humps her but keeps his penis in his sleeve. Is he ever going to learn how to breed and allow his penis to come out of the sleeve. We really were looking forward to having puppies ready for Christmas. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this or do we just have to wait for him to decide to learn how to breed the girls?

Intermediate Member
    Thanks
    I don't know about Poodles but most dogs are not really adults until they are 2
    At 8 months old he is still a puppy
    The humping he was doing was an attempt at dominance and has nothing to do with breeding
    When he matures he will probably figure it out

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gail For This Useful Post:

Sarah (09-22-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank you.

Thank you so much for your information. When we bred our Chihuahua's the boys would breed around eight to nine months old and make babies. We will wait for him to grow into his body and mind about the breeding procedure. Thank you for your information.
    Sincerely,
    Tamm

+ Reply to Thread