Untitled Document

Healthy Dog Life Healthy Dog Life Healthy Dog Life

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4 pound Yorkies

Thanks

4 pound Yorkies

Anyone out there have a very small yorkie?

SIS
    Thanks

Hi Tinkles , I am a newbie also . I have a little female ( Maddie ) who will be 1 yr old next month . She is 3 lb 6 oz and runs our household . We came so close to losing her last week . She came down with HGE and spend three days on intravenous fluids and antibiotics , is home now and doing great . ( I am still recovering ) Any one who has a small breed dog should check out this diease .

Thanks
    Hi Tinkles and SIS -

I have two yorkies - well actually, they have me :-). Our Biggie just turned 3 and loves to play ball. He is a better retriever than the Labs we used to have. He weighs about 10 lbs and I just can't seem to get that extra couple pounds off him. I think my mistake was in naming him. He was a 3 lb puppy then but he grew into his name. The other love of my life is Cricket who is a 4 lb two year old Princess. She is definitely in charge of this household. I would very much like to have another Yorkie and I prefer the smaller ones as they are easier for me to pick up. She loves to be held and is a real cuddler and she makes me laugh every day.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SIS View Post
    Hi Tinkles , I am a newbie also . I have a little female ( Maddie ) who will be 1 yr old next month . She is 3 lb 6 oz and runs our household . We came so close to losing her last week . She came down with HGE and spend three days on intravenous fluids and antibiotics , is home now and doing great . ( I am still recovering ) Any one who has a small breed dog should check out this diease .
    Hi Maddie, What is HGE? We have just one problem, stress with vomiting I guess.....No doctor knows. Has had every test. So, ever so often, she stops eatting and vomits. Then we go and get a couple of shots.........calms down and is fine in 8 hours. Tinkles

Thanks

Hi Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by lsquire View Post
    Hi Tinkles and SIS -

I have two yorkies - well actually, they have me :-). Our Biggie just turned 3 and loves to play ball. He is a better retriever than the Labs we used to have. He weighs about 10 lbs and I just can't seem to get that extra couple pounds off him. I think my mistake was in naming him. He was a 3 lb puppy then but he grew into his name. The other love of my life is Cricket who is a 4 lb two year old Princess. She is definitely in charge of this household. I would very much like to have another Yorkie and I prefer the smaller ones as they are easier for me to pick up. She loves to be held and is a real cuddler and she makes me laugh every day.
    Tinkles is 3 pounds almost 4 pounds and 3 years old, she is a cuddler and licks and kissing me and makes me laugh every day too. I just love her so much. k

SIS
    Thanks
    Hi Tinkles , HGE is hemorrhagic gastroenteritis . The cause is unknown , Maddie was fine when we want to bed on Sunday night . Monday morning she started vomiting a white foam and bleeding from her bowel . I couldn't believe how fast she was going down hill . Her red blood cell count was very high and her body temperture went down to 35 . This all happened with in a 2 hr spand . I really didn't think she was going to make it . I could see a difference on Tuesday and by Wednesday she was her old self and came home in the afternoon . Check it out CANINE HEMORRHAGIC GASTROENTERITIS, HGE Sis

Thanks
    I have 2 female yorkies, the 1st one is 2 yrs old and the other is her sister from a 2nd litter who will be turning 1, they are our kids, and yes they run our house too, I think we are the pets and they are the owners, don't know what i'd do without them now, I always wanted a tiny yorkie 3-4 lbs but my 2 (Gabby (gabbriella)the 2yr old is 9 lbs and Maggie who will be 1 on the 26th is weighing in @ 8 right now) I wish I could find a tiny one cause I would still love to get 1, none around my area though, my girls keep me laughing,and a hopping, love them to death, and I have heard of HGE. I am so glad that Maddie is ok and doing good, Boy! I love this site, the help and the suggestions are so great to help us with our dogs especially the same breeds we have in common and have questions about.

Thanks
    Hi SIS, I have a 3 lb yorkie female, her name is Fancy. So far we haven't had any health problems but she is still very young, born 12-25-09. Thanks for the info about HGE. This is good to know so that if she starts to show any of the symptoms, I will know what to ask the vet to check for right away. I'm very happy to know that you and Maddie are recovering.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SIS View Post
    Hi Tinkles , HGE is hemorrhagic gastroenteritis . The cause is unknown , Maddie was fine when we want to bed on Sunday night . Monday morning she started vomiting a white foam and bleeding from her bowel . I couldn't believe how fast she was going down hill . Her red blood cell count was very high and her body temperture went down to 35 . This all happened with in a 2 hr spand . I really didn't think she was going to make it . I could see a difference on Tuesday and by Wednesday she was her old self and came home in the afternoon . Check it out CANINE HEMORRHAGIC GASTROENTERITIS, HGE Sis
    ou
    Hi Sis Thank you Tinkles vomits white foam too. But I get her to the vet asap. Once or twice she had blood in her stool during this time. It does happen fast too. She just shuts down and looks at me horriblely and rubs the walls sometimes. Moans too. I just want to die. Then we get in the car and go. It has been since Oct. 2008, when Oct 2009 came it was still happening every 6 weeks or so. We actually went longer the last bout last month, then it came again, and now we are on day 15. I will ask the vet about this. She has had a ton of tests with no reason. Even a scope down her throat to her stomach etc. 2000 dollars later no problems. I wanted to die because she was so stressed out for 5 days and medicated to survive that............ Now I just pray..........karen

Thanks
    I have a 3 pounder. Her name is Gidget and she is a doll. She's almost 10 months old and we battle hypoglycemia all the time. At 6 weeks we almost lost her, my brother-in-law swears he saved her with mouth to snout (she's the pup of his dog). We were told that most dogs outgrow this problem, but because of her size she may not. I'd love to find something, possibly homeopathic that would help to regulate her blood sugar. Nutri-cal is a life saver but I'd like to find something that would help to keep her level. Anybody else have this problem?

Last edited by belong; 04-15-2010 at 05:32 PM.
    Don't get your knickers in a knot. It doesn't change anything and it just makes you walk funny......

+ Reply to Thread