Untitled Document

Healthy Dog Life Healthy Dog Life Healthy Dog Life

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my basset hound

Thanks

my basset hound

Hello everyone, im new to this site, i have a almost 9 month old basset hound called Enzo and is male and neutered. He is a gorgeous, friendly affectionate dog, but has a like for destruction! He has slowly ate his way through my kitchen! including vertical blinds, chairs, tables and concrete walls and last week when i went to the bath for 20 mins he dug up and shredded my kitchen lino!! as soon as you turn your back hes away with tea towels to chew or clothes of the radiator! when speaking to other basset owners thay have not had the same problem and say he must be spoilt or not exercised enough! hes walked 2hrs daily and has to work for his rewards! i feel i cant win too little attention im made suffer and too much and im made suffer please help!

Thanks
    I have 3 Basset Hounds and have never had this happen so I am wondering if maybe it is a separation problem with your Basset?? I know sometimes when I go out the door my 3 will start to bay at the top of their lungs just because I take the trash out.

I know the other day I was sitting here in the front room on the computer and they were here with me when the youngest one wanted out. It was rain/snow mixture and I know that they won't go out when it is doing this. So I was trying to put her off and she kept barking at me. Finally all 3 started to bay at the top of their lungs. I had to yell above their baying to get their attention. They then looked at me with surprised looks on their faces. They apparently had forgotten that I was sitting in the same room with them. They were so happy I was here it was like I just came home. I had a good chuckle out of it for sure.

My big problem with my male is that I cannot get him to stop counter surfing or getting into the trash. I have tried everything that I can think of from with holding treats, praising him when he is good, telling him he is a bad dog.

+ Reply to Thread