Untitled Document

Healthy Dog Life Healthy Dog Life Healthy Dog Life

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from the Jemez Mountains in New Mexico! My name is Shirley

Thanks

Hello from the Jemez Mountains in New Mexico! My name is Shirley

I have been the owner of 3 wonderful yorkies for the last 20 years. They have been such wonderful companions. I lost my Cody 7 years ago, then recieved a delightful little guy 5 1/2 years ago. His name is Jasper. My beautiful Cassie died March 24th. There is such a hole in my heart.
    Jasper is my problem child. I never had a problem with my little ones eating, but Jasper won't eat hardly anything. He is a rescue puppy, has a sunny, loving disposition...but is a bugger to get to eat. I have fed my guys only the best organic healthy foods, I cook for them every night, things like liver, lamb, turkey and chicken. Jasper turns his nose up at just about everything. He is a junk food junkie!
    He does have a quality dried food, like Blue Diamond Life Formula and Taste of the Wild. I have tried many more, but to no avail. If anyone has any suggestions, please help!
    Shirley Powell

Thanks
    The best thing is to slightly warm his food before you put it down as this makes it smell more.
    then after 15 Min's pick up WHAT EVER he hasn't eaten and then don't give him ANY thing until it is time for his next meal.
    He will soon learn that if he isn't going to be hungry to eat what you give him and when .
    good luck it may take a week or two but I doubt he will starve himself while you are retraining him.
    Karen

+ Reply to Thread