Untitled Document

Healthy Dog Life Healthy Dog Life Healthy Dog Life

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: yorkie owner

Thanks

yorkie owner

Hi everyone my name is Edna and I have a 2 1/2 year old yorkie and her name is Tessa, she has been with me since my husband passed away and she has been a life saver and she is spoiled rotten, Also can someone help me because she is not wanting to eat her dog food and I just don't know what to do.

Thanks
    Hello ramcook!

I'm sure there are a lot of people who is itching to share some tips and stories with

you ramcook. I hope you enjoy your stay. : )

Thanks
    Hi Edna! I know what you mean about yorkies being picky eaters. Mine will be 6 yr. the end of June and he only weighs 4 1/2 pounds.(5lbs on a fat day. lol). He only eats his food after there is no hope for people food. I've spent a ton of money on all different kinds of food and nothing works.

Thanks
    Hi! I sure know what you mean about picky yorkies. Mine is a 3 pounder. She's almost 10 months old and has trouble with hypoglycemia. I have tried literally everything and have found a couple of things that seem to work for her. She likes freeze-dried raw food quite well. She also likes meat rolls. I usually sprinkle brewer's yeast on the meat rolls to entice her and she also likes flax seed oil sprinkled on it. She still has to want to eat tho. If she's not in the mood, or doesn't feel perfect or is at all stressed she will not eat, not even her treats. This can, of course, cause problems with the hypo. Nutri-cal has been a life saver as it raises her sugar levels enough that she will usually start to eat. It's been an experience to say the least but she is worth it.

Don't get your knickers in a knot. It doesn't change anything and it just makes you walk funny......

+ Reply to Thread