Untitled Document

Healthy Dog Life Healthy Dog Life Healthy Dog Life

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dog food supplements

Thanks

Dog food supplements

What do you think about dog food supplements guys? Share your opinions and suggestions here.

-- to infinity and beyond!

Click Here For Helpful Doggy Books & Audios

Thanks
    Hello Jude:
    I was trying to find the person with email address: in@spottgrooming and can't find them on this site. I am having a hard time navigating. Anyway, I am trying to get the referral for NuVet vitamins. They gave their email address to get the code, but have not answered my email. Do you know who this person is? And how do I find them again?
    Thanks,
    Shirley Powell/Columbine Pottery

Thanks
    Hello Shirley

Her username is petfoodadviser, I only know her in forums

I don't really know her personally.

Experienced Member
    Thanks
    I have given my dog supplements (probiotics) added to her food bowl, since she was a very young puppy. She is one fine, healthy, beautiful, and athlectic young lady, very active.

Thanks
    Any brand of supplements you prefer MaryAnn? I have a Husky girl, just turned 4 on Apr 11th and I've been giving her vitamins for her leg joints ever since the vet recommended it. Her joints will be loosening up soon so they recommended a brand from Petco, but the vitamins are pretty expensive. I was thinking of branching out to try new ones? Or possible better ones.

Experienced Member
    Thanks
    Hi Fuchsin... The brand of Supplements I give my dog is......

DOGZYMES ULTIMATE and DOGZYMES DIGESTIVE ENHANCER, both Nature's Farmacy Based out of Jasper, Georgia. A one pound container of each lasts me approximately one-and-a-half years. (15 lb. dog)
    Ultimate.... is a unique blend of all natural vitamins, minerals, and amino acids - meets or exceeds NRC requirements! GMO free! Only human grade ingredients. ($16.25)
    Digestive Enhancer.... is a unique blend of naturally occurring digestive bacteria, enzymes, probiotics and prebiotics in a palatable base for canines. ($21.66)

I purchase these from my dog's personal groomer who shows dogs at premier Dog Shows (from AKC to Westminister).

Everyone comments on my dog's coat and general health. She is very active and in great shape.

If you want to try these and cannot find locally.... I can probably get you the address out of Georgia (USA).

Thanks
    Hello guys

although the advices are great, I suggest that you consult your vet before giving your dog any

supplements. Just a word of advice. What may do great for another dog may be harmful to others.

Experienced Member
    Thanks
    Very true Jude. I always recommend checking with your vet first. I apoligize for forgetting to add that. My Groomer uses the same vet I do.

Folks... Always check with your Vet prior to giving anything new or different to your dog.

Thanks
    I did check with my vet about supplements and he seemed to think that they were not necessary if I am feeding my dog the proper food. I do not skimp when it comes to Ginger’s food, and so I think she is getting the proper nutrients. But on the other hand when it comes to my diet, I do use supplements, and so I am undecided now what to do for Ginger. My vet did not come right out and say that I should not give her any and so maybe someone could share a thought with me on the nutrients in their brand of food and if you think that it might cover a dog’s nutrient requirements or not. I sure have strong beliefs about supplements and their advantages for myself, maybe it’s time I think about Ginger as well.

Thanks
    Mark

Intermediate Member
    Thanks
    I had my vet tell me many years ago that with the quality of dog food at the time supplements were not necessary
    My dog was a puppy at the time
    When I said I was giving her supplements he said he could tell
    If supplements weren't necessary how could he tell?
    She turned out to be a brilliant dog who would climb ladders, bring in a flower from the garden without damaging it - any trick you could think up she could do
    She also lived to be 18
    From what I have read the quality of dog food has declined since that time
    I would be inclined to supplement

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gail For This Useful Post:

organic55 (05-25-2010)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast