Untitled Document

Healthy Dog Life Healthy Dog Life Healthy Dog Life

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rawhide bones create thirst?

Thanks

Rawhide bones create thirst?

I give my puppy small good quality rawhide bones to chew while I'm with him in the kitchen. It has been great for his teeth and chewing. He never gets them apart and I usually throw them out after the day. My problem is that he is VERY thirsty all day and has lots of accidents from all the water. I have tried the hard plastic bones but he doesn't like them. Is there some other type of chewing bone that will entertain him and let him chew? He is 5 months old, 11 pound scotty.

Thanks
    no, rawhides don't make dogs thirsty, do you engage your dog into some strenuous activity at home?

I suggest you check with a vet just to be sure about this because kidney problems cause this kind of behavior.

-- to infinity and beyond!

Click Here For Helpful Doggy Books & Audios

Experienced Member
    Thanks
    Yes! First check with your Vet for any underlying health issue.

I give my little gal a "Busy Buddy" interactive toy....it is a bone with a ball that you unscrew and place a rawhide ring on each end... the dog has to work to get the rawhide rings and when that is all gone, they still have the ball and bone for hours of fun.

The Busy Buddy comes in three sizes...and refills are available.

I know you mentioned your dog does not like hard bones, but with this combination ... you may be surprised. I get them at my Vet's office, but I have seen them in dog catalogs as well. I give them as doogy presents to friends, and everyone who has gotten one says their dog loves it!!!

+ Reply to Thread