Untitled Document

Healthy Dog Life Healthy Dog Life Healthy Dog Life

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Purple bump size of pea

Thanks

Purple bump size of pea

One of my schnauzers has a deep purple bump on her the size of a pea.Does anyone know what this could be?It look like a tick but don't think so .Just had her groomed and they would have said so.

Thanks
    Sounds like a blood blister. One of my dogs has one since last week, the vet gave him a shot and I cleaned it with warm salt water every day and it looks like it's cleared up nicely.

Experienced Member
    Thanks
    Not sure about the "purple" color.... but like Sheplover stated above..it could possibly be what she said. I would take your dog to the Vet for a diagnosis.

Are you aware that some Schnauzers do get bumps on their back? The purple color I don't understand, though. Check with your Vet.

"Schnauzer Bumps" (there is a medical term, but I can't spell it).... I will get it for you if you like.

Some schnauzers get them all the time.
    Some schnauzers get them periodically.
    Some schnauzers do not get them at all.

I know some that have to take medication once a month. Some have to take it periodically. And some do not ever have to take any meds.

If your schnauzer only gets them occassionally as mine does...here is what I was told to do from my groomer...who is a well known breeder of schnauzers (she breeds and shows champions)...Also well-known in our Vet's office...Lot of the vets there have schnauzers from her.

Keeping the fur short where the sun can penetrate the skin more, helps tremendously. All dogs seem to enjoy lying in the sun.

While bathing your dog...get a vegetable brush and rub down your dog's back with it while lathering your dog. Be sure to rinse well.

When my dog is cuddling on my lap I will gently scratch her back.

These are essentially "blackheads" on dogs...similarily to the blackheads people get.

+ Reply to Thread