Untitled Document

Healthy Dog Life Healthy Dog Life Healthy Dog Life

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What can I give my Basset Hound to chew on and not upset his tummy?

Thanks

What can I give my Basset Hound to chew on and not upset his tummy?

My basset hound has a very sensitive tummy. Before I gave rawhide bones etc.. for him to chew on because he loves to chew and that upsets his tummy and can't poo at all or gets the "runs". Does anyone know of anything I can give to him to chew on that will not upset his tummy? The vet says say away from all rawhide bones and real bones. If I give him a stuffed animal he easily shreds it in no time. lol.
    So I just want him to have something he can happily chew on and I don't have to worry about his tummy or bowels.
    Thank you!

Experienced Member
    Thanks
    Have you tried Nylabones or Kong type toys???

Thanks
    I finally found something that does not upset his tummy, I found some pumpkin,flax seed, chicken sticks for him and they work great!!!

We also have Kongs too and a few other chew toys. But Cooper really likes these new treats that he can chew on for a bit and he ends up finishing it. And no more tummy ache!!! Yipeee.

Experienced Member
    Thanks
    Glad to hear you found something that works for your dog. Just remember not to give too many treats that he won't eat his regular food. You should deduct how many treats he gets from his food intake, so as to prevent obesity in your dog.

+ Reply to Thread