Untitled Document

Healthy Dog Life Healthy Dog Life Healthy Dog Life

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What dog foods do you use

Thanks

What dog foods do you use

As the title suggests, let's talk about the type of dog food that we feed our dogs.

There are a lot and it's better if post our experiences and our reviews about a certain dog food.

-- to infinity and beyond!

Click Here For Helpful Doggy Books & Audios

Thanks
    I feed my dogs Life's Abundance.

Susan Potts, CPG
    Spotts Grooming
    Holistic Pet Foods

Last edited by jude09; 04-07-2010 at 12:37 PM.

Thanks
    I actually feed a RAW diet based on the Prey model 80% meat 10% organ meat and 10%bone. I add salmon oil, seameal, yougurt, and apple cider vinagar, some fruit and veg. When I do feed kibble I feed Orijen. The result is clean teeth, fresh breath, great coat and wonderful health. I started doing reserch on this after my fathers dog died from the bad food from china a few years back. The more I looked into what they put in some of the dog foods the more I relized I needed to control what went into my dogs food. So far Its going very well.

Thanks
    Me too Gingerbred. I was feeding RAW until I could no longer put in the time. I have a grooming business and it was difficult to make up the food supple for the day and week so I found Life's Abundance which is formulated by a holistic veterinarian. So that's the next best thing for me.

Susan Potts, CPG
    www.spottsgrooming.com
    Professional Grooming & Holistic Pet Foods
    The Healthy Dog Blog

Thanks
    Science diet Rx for our "Westie". because of gastro issues. Started on Z/D progressed up to I/D and now is on D/D. 2-3 Tablespoon every 2-3 hours . has been able to handle this very well without vommiting.

Thanks
    So what is the best food for a puppy Yorkie?

Thanks
    Hello. My name is Linda. I have 7 dogs,6 of them pekingese. I feed my dogs Natural Balance Duck & fresh potato small bites dry kibble. They also have canned. After much research I decided on this food because of the high ratings health wise. It is a food for all life stages (from puppy to seniors). Two of my pekes are puppies and they LOVE it!!! There stools are firm,regular and have low odor. They have a lot of energy and their coats are beautiful. This food might work for you. It is all natural and grain free.

Last edited by luvpekes; 04-08-2010 at 05:46 PM.

Thanks
    Hi my name is Sandie I have 2 Papillions and I do foster care for all breeds mostly small breeds but have kept big dogs too I feed the Natural Balance dry food and then I make my own wet dog food it dosent take long to make your own and then I know what they are eating. and belive it or not it is actually cheaper to make your own then buying canned food.

Thanks
    Hi everyone!
    After checking my local dog food bags' lists of ingredients, I decided to feed my 8 month-old Yorkie on "Purinea One for Puppies, the Lamb & Brown Rice Formula".
    I also add a little bit of sunflower or olive oil and stir to into his food. He likes this and it helps his coat, skin, and also keeps his 'stools' from being too firm!
    For treats, he loves the little, soft "California Stars" doggie treats in chicken/yogurt flavor; Dog Wagon baked chicken fillet strips (broken in half) and Hartz 4-inch rawhide chew bones or 4-5 inch, flat rawhide pieces for his chewing exercise. (I have found a lot of 'dog treats' contain 'sugar' in the first 3 - 5 ingredients -- not good for dogs!)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    So what is the best food for a puppy Yorkie?
    Hi -- I went with the Puriena One for Puppies, Lamb & Brown Rice formula. I add a 1/4 tsp of sunflower or olive oil and stir it in well; it is great for his skin, hair, and keeps stools from being too firm for a puppy. He is doing great and his stools don't smell. He also loves a little treat (the "yogurt/chicken flavor); it is packaged in a small, 'milk carton sized-box' amd says "California Stars" on the little box. The lady who bred my pup told me about these treats--you can easily twist them in half, too!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sue Mc. For This Useful Post:

Gerda (11-16-2010)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast