+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chihuahuas ?

Thanks

Chihuahuas ?

Any chihuahua moms or dads out there? Connect with amac

[B]AMAC - AMAC CHIHUAHUAS - JACKSONVILLE FLA[/B]

Thanks

Smile

Hi, I have a fawn and white chihuahua. She is currently 2 years 4 months old. I taught her a lot of tricks. If you are interested, you can visit my youtube website at : www.youtube.com/user/newbear95/ Glad to meet you. You can tell me anything you know about chihuahuas or share your experience with me. I will be glad to hear from you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to newbear For This Useful Post:

Yvonne (06-01-2010)

Thanks

Smile

Oops......sorry......here is my youtube website: YouTube - newbear95's Channel I type wrongly just now......

Thanks
    The You Tube video was adorable. Thank you for sharing

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarah For This Useful Post:

newbear (06-09-2010)

Thanks
    Hi,
    I have a niece who would has asked me to take a 6 month old female Chihuahua that she can no longer care for because of a marriage breakup & has to work & also she is only young & wants to travel. I have 3 other dogs aged 10 years & 2 that are 5 years old. I have 2 females & one male. I wanted to know if you have any issues with your little one & if they have any major health problems. I have a few concerns as to the mix of the ages & if they would all get along together & if I would have major jealousy problems. I am lucky that the three little ones I have never fight & have never had a fight but would I be pushing things to bring in a new pup to the mix. My other dogs are Spitz in various sizes from very small to the bigger one who is about 14 pound or so. They all love everything that comes into the house as my husband breeds birds & I at times hand raise the birds for friends & the dogs will only ever lick the birds on the head when i hold the birds so they can see them. I have never had a problem & none of them have ever killed anything so I don't think for a minute they would hurt the little one but I just do not want to have jealously issues & upset the mix.. I do not know anything really about the Chihuahua except that they can become snappy & have been told they can get very jealous if they want attention & do not get it. So please could anyone give me some advice as it would be very much appreciated. My niece wants me to take it next week.
    Regards,
    Yvonne.

Thanks
    Hi,
    Chihuahuas are not snappy, well socialized and trained from young you will have a great companion. They got a bad rap from people not socializing their Chi and spoiling them treating them like a human carrying them around all the time never letting them walk and behave as a dog should. Chihuahuas are lap dogs. they normally bond with one member of the household as their own but can get along with everyone. Chihuahuas in general get along with only chihuahuas but with early socialization you can get them to get along with all friendly well socialized dogs. My oldest Chihuahua thinks he's as big as the biggest dog in the dog park and loves to run, play and romp with them. You just have to supervise when playing with bigger dogs for Chihuahuas are small and their bones are fragile. I big dog not used to a playing with a small chi might hurt them in playing . they can play just supervise to make sure everybody's ok.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji-Ray For This Useful Post:

Yvonne (06-05-2010)

Thanks
    Hi Benji-Ray,
    Thank you so much for your reply. My niece brought the little one to me much earlier than expected. I tried the little dog who was adorable but found that my little dog who had been badly abused for 5 years before I took her would not have anything to do with her & the other two that are a little bigger were terrified of her because she was so small & moved so quickly. Then yesterday my mother had a serious fall & is in the hospital at the moment but they said they may release her tomorrow but I will have to go & stay with her of a night for sometime so my husband had to take the little one back to my niece. So at the moment I now have to organize someone to come in & care for the others & to be honest I can't think straight. My mother is 92 years old & has been very independent & until now lived alone with my help helping her to do her housework, shopping & anything else she needed done so it was at this point impossible to keep her. I think with time I could have made it work but with all that has happened in the last 24 hours it is out of the question. Thank you for letting me know. I have always wanted a Chi as I think they are adorable but it will now have to wait.
    Kind regards,
    Yvonne.

+ Reply to Thread