Untitled Document

Healthy Dog Life Healthy Dog Life Healthy Dog Life

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Choosing a puppy

Thanks

Choosing a puppy

I understand how important it is to choose a puppy, so let's talk about what you look for when choosing a puppy.

Me, I always make sure that the eyes are not weepy and that it has no abnormalities, it would be a plus if I see the pups with their mother and their siblings. I also choose a puppy that's not too excited but not too shy.

What about you guys?

-- to infinity and beyond!

Click Here For Helpful Doggy Books & Audios

Thanks
    When looking for a new pup, after checking out any and all possible issues, I like to take my time. Most reputable breeders won't mind if you take a your time, I like to sit on the floor with them while they are awake and playing. Just sit there and wait, and see which ones chooses you. You will know when you have been chosen, and you might just be suprised how well this works. I have formed a very strong bond with all my dogs this way. I guess you could say that they actually picked me. I have not been disapointed yet.

Thanks
    I have read of one very important tip when choosing a puppy. When the breeder does not allow you to view the mother as the breeder say that the mother of the pups are very protective of her pups, be careful. This means that the mother has an aggressive trait that did not show until she gives birth. It is not advisable to buy any of the pups as the pups may inherit the aggressive trait. A good mother of the pups will be happy to show off her pups without being aggressive.

Thanks
    In choosing a puppy people need to do their research on what type of puppy they may want. What health problems they may have, what are they bred for, and their energy type. This way you will choose a breed of puppy that will match everything you ever wanted, and will have a happy home. More times than not, people want a certain breed for whatever reason and end up not being able to handle the dog, and the dog ends up at the shelter or put down. Just make sure you match your energy to the energy of the puppy and what you want , and what you can give to this puppy.

just my 3 cents worth...lol

+ Reply to Thread