Untitled Document

Healthy Dog Life Healthy Dog Life Healthy Dog Life

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why do my dogs eat sticks, pine cones and rabbit poo?????

Thanks

Unhappy need help with standard poodle eating canadian goose feces and getting sick

This is a new home so the problem is not going to go away. I have tried discouraging but to no avail. I have heard that this can make dogs very sick but I am not sure how to stop it. I know there are pills to stop them from eating their own...but that is not our problem.cartier100@aol.com

Experienced Member
    Thanks
    Is the geese near your new home? Or does your dog eat it when you are out walking?

Have you taught him the "LEAVE IT" command? If not, I would start so immediately.

Thanks
    hello and welcome! I will have to move this topic to a more suitable place.. I hope you don't mind

-- to infinity and beyond!

Click Here For Helpful Doggy Books & Audios

Thanks

Why do my dogs eat sticks, pine cones and rabbit poo?????

My goodness I have been just racking my brain as to why my dogs are eating sticks, pine cones and especially rabbit poo!!!!!! eeeewwww.

Why???

I feed them great food and very healthy snacks and they have plenty of chew toys etc.... everything my furry kids could want!!! and what do they do? Go outside and eat that stuff. geeeshhh.

Wondering, am I the only one with dogs eating all this? Don't have a clue how to get them to stop it. It is not hurting them at all, but, it just makes me wonder why???

Thank you so much!
    Blessings..

Thanks
    Have you thought about talking to your vet about these activities? If not, perhaps you should. Any dog eating poo, tells me they are missing some mineral and whatever they eating is providing it for them. What I'm suggesting here, is maybe your dog food is healthy, but it's not right for the breed of dog you have.

Are you giving them any type of oil for their skin? Have you noticed they are itching their skin? If so, you can give them some oil, like flax oil, [depending on age] or olive oil [organic] The pine cones provide them with oil which is an anti bacterial and good for the skin.

Thanks
    hello my bassets we have a topic here that may interest you.

You can vier it by clicking on the link below;

Coprophagy (poop eating problems)

Thanks
    Feed him pineapple, then when he eats poo, he will stop. It sounds dumb, but it works, i found it on another dog help website.

Thanks
    I am responding to Cartier's issue with the poodle eating goose poo. I have the same problem with our 11 week old Westie whom we have had for 2 weeks now. We live on a lake that has MANY canadian geese, needless to say the goose poo is all over the lawn. My puppy loves to eat it. I also have heard it makes them sick, but sick in what way??? I would also love to hear any suggestions. Pineapple?? Really? And how do you get a puppy to eat pineapple???

Thanks
    When a dog eats the poo of another animal it means they are in need of whatever mineral they are getting from the poo, which means your dog food is not sufficient in providing all their necessary minerals and vitamins they are in need of. Change the dog food, or get them supplements, and the problem of eating poo will go away.

Thanks
    hello I think clicking on the link below can help you find further suggestions;

Coprophagy (poop eating problems)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast